6 Marathons in 6 Days? Are You Nuts??!

That's the typical response I get when people discover what I'm attempting, but then running 245kms across the Sahara desert is no easy feat. One of the reasons that I’m taking on this challenge is ‘mid life crisis’ – plain and simple. But there’s another, more relevant reason:

UNICEF is currently working to maintain a number of refugee camp schools to help the 100’s of thousands of children from Darfur that have been displaced from their homes. Most of these child refugees from Darfur have never been to school, living in massive makeshift refugee camps, often having lost one or both parents through violence.” These school perform a vital function and I want to help make a difference by using this opportunity to raise funds and awareness for their maintencance and upkeep.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ian's Writing at a new site

Hi all,

I just wanted to let people know that I'm now writing about the West Vancouver community on my new site www.westvancouverguide.com. It's a non-commercial website designed to promote what's going on in West Vancouver and what Vancouver has to offer. We've got a number of great features including 'the best of west vancouver' and an up to date news blog covering what's happening in the West Vancouver community. After a successful run across the Sahara I feel like I need a new epic challenge and I guess this is it. Wish me luck and feel free to pop by and say hello.

All the best,

Ian

Your West Vancouver Guide

No comments: